PARANORMAL SOCIETY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of this policy is to establish rules of conduct, which shall Govern all members, volunteer’s, trainees,
and other individuals representing Paranormal Society of Central Florida hereafter referred to as PSOCF.
The Officers of PSOCF is:
Tracy .......................Vice President
1. A code of conduct exists to which all members of PSOCF shall be expected to conform to and comply with as a condition
of membership with PSOCF.
2. Violation of the code of conduct is considered just cause for PSOCF to invoke disciplinary action, up to and including
1. All parties shall demonstrate an ongoing awareness of client’s right to privacy, PSOCF members shall not:
A. Reveal the names of clients utilizing PSOCF services to unauthorized persons or agencies, or acknowledge whether a person
is or is not a PSOCF client.
B. Talk about clients at home or with friends or convey information that could identify a client’s personal information.
C. Provide verbal or written information to anyone without signed authorization from the client and the permission of PSOCF.
2. Members shall demonstrate an ongoing awareness of the client’s right to an objective, professional relationship.
This awareness will be demonstrated by:
A. Focusing on the client’s needs, concerns and problems.
B. Avoiding non-professional, emotional attachments with a client.
C. Avoiding social contacts, such as dating with clients. Attending social functions together, or establishing a friendship
outside of the professional relationship, must be discussed and approved by the PSOCF Officer’s at the time.
D. Never borrowing or lending money to a client.
E. Never having a sexual involvement with a client.
F. Never giving or accepting gifts without exploring their significance with the PSOCF officers.
3. The dignity and worth of every individual shall be recognized. Members shall not discriminate against clients, other
PSOCF members or other members of the community based on race, color, religion, handicap, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry,
marital status, national origin or age.
4. Members shall dress in their PSOCF shirts, black pants or shorts, tennis shoes (no sandals or open toed shoes). Anyone
showing up for an investigation in non-appropriate attire will be sent home.
5. Members shall conduct themselves in a dignified and respectful manner at all times.
A. The use of offensive, foul language is prohibited in the presence of clients.
6. Displays of detrimental and/or destructive behavior which might have a negative impact on morale, efficiencies, or the
ability of other members to perform their assigned duties is not acceptable behavior.
A. Members shall not discuss personal, private, or financial information in front of a client.
B. Members working with family members, shall not bring problems from home.
7. Members are expected to adhere to PSOCF guiding principles and to all PSOCF policies and procedures at all times. A
member is expected to:
A. Thoroughly acquaint himself/herself with all policies, procedures, standards, and protocols of PSOCF.
B. Voice disagreements with other staff only for positive purpose of resolving misunderstandings or conflicts raising the
possibility of revision of outdated policies, improving internal protocols or concerns related to “Best Practice”
C. Never UNDERMINE the confidence of clients by voicing disagreements with PSOCF policies in the presence of the
clients or non-members of PSOCF.
D. If any member has a conflict with another member and the conflict is irresolvable between them. The members involved
shall not be allowed to do investigations together. If this is still irresolvable then both members must resign his/her membership
FIST FIGHTING OR FIGHTING IN GENERAL IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE TERMINATION. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!
8. Members must possess the ability to constantly assess their own personal and professional biases in professional relationships
and to evaluate their professional effectiveness.
1. PSOCF prohibits any type of harassment of any nature to any of its members during PSOCF meetings, time spent out of
the field, or any time when a member is representing PSOCF.
2. Harassing conduct, whether committed by an officer or new member is prohibited.
THERE WILL BE NONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
A. Sexual flirtations, advances, or propositions.
B. Verbal abuse of sexual nature.
C. Graphic verbal comments about an individual’s body.
D. Degrading words, sexual or otherwise used to describe an individual.
E. Groping or fondling any member or client is grounds for termination.
3. Any member who believes that he/she has been harassed, should report the alleged act to an officer of PSOCF immediately.
The person who is doing the harassing will be asked to stop, if they do not stop then they will be terminated immediately.
MEMBERS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES ON FIELD INVESTIGATIONS:
To define a PSOCF member role as a field investigator, within the group.
It is the policy of PSOCF to instill professionalism in its members under all circumstances.
PROCEDURE OF INVESTIGATIONS:
1. Investigators will be chosen by the President or Vice President of PSOCF to be included on specific investigations.
Members will be rotated on an experience level and availability of cases. No less that four members will be on any case,
@ officers must be on every case PSOCF does.
A. If a member is unable to attend the investigation he/she has been chosen to attend, notification by the member to the
PRESIDENT OR VICE PRESIDENT by phone must be done as soon as possible so that PSOCF can replace that member on the investigation.
If a chosen member continuously turns down the opportunity 3 times to be a part of an investigation, then that member will
be put on the non-active member list.
B. If a case has been cancelled; the President or Vice President will call all members involved in the case to let them
know. If the case is rescheduled at a later date, then those members will have first chance at going before any other member
2. Chosen members will show up at the designated location on time and ready to begin the investigation. If any member is
more than 15 minutes late, they will be sent home.
3. If chosen to do a investigation, then that member is responsible for bringing their own snacks, drinks, flashlight,
logs, pens, paper and any other equipment they may have.
4. CELL PHONES ARE TO BE TURNED OFF OR ON VIBRATE. DO NOT ANSWER WHILE INVESTIGATING. NO PERSONAL CALLS
UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.
5. Each person will be given a assignment and partner for the investigation by the Lead Investigator.
If for any reason a member cannot carry out his or her duty, he/she is to inform the lead investigator that gave them the
assignment so that it can be reassigned.
6. There will be no smoking in any inside locations!!!!!!!!
An area outside will be setup for a break area for smokers.
Even if the client is smoking and says it is ok. If you are seen doing this, you will be asked to wait outside until we
are finished with the investigation. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!
This compromises our evidence. No alcohol or illegal drugs will be tolerated and this is cause for immediate dismissal
No unauthorized weapons of any kind unless you have a permit to carry said weapon will be allowed. If you have a weapon
on an investigation and do not have a permit to carry it, you will be asked to leave immediately.
PLEASE LET THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A WEAPONS PERMIT AND A WEAPON ON YOU.
DATA COLLECTED ON INVESTIGATIONS:
All collected positive data from any field investigation becomes property of PSOCF. If a member is using their own equipment
to collect data, copies of all positive data must be turned in with the members log or notes to be included in the case file
and report. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A. All logs, notes, and positive data must be turned in to the Lead Investigator with in a week of the investigation. NO
B. No evidence collected by members will be considered positive until viewed and listened to by the whole group that is
involved in the said investigation.
C. All positive evidence is to be held confidential by all members of PSOCF.
D. NO MEMBER MAY REPRODUCE ANY POSITIVE EVIDENCE FOR PERSONAL OR PUBLIC USE FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN
PERMISSION OF THE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT AND OFFICERS OF PSOCF.
Violations of the evidence policy are grounds for dismissal from PSOCF.
No member shall grandstand, undermine or demean the Officers of PSOCF or any member in training at anytime in private,
on an investigation or in public. Any member caught or repeatly complained about for acting in any of the manners stated above
will be considered to be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE ABOVE RESPONSIBILITIES IS GROUND FOR DISMISSAL FROM PSOCF.